horseshoe : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n game equipment consisting of an open ring of iron used in playing horseshoes
- n U-shaped plate nailed to underside of horse's hoof
- v equip (a horse) with a horseshoe or horseshoes
- Some say horseshoe pitching developed in imitation of the more courtly game of quoits.
- The horseshoe seems to glow more golden every year.
- Which is a biologist's way of saying horseshoe crabs are repulsive.
News & Articles
- Horseshoe pitching workshop Saturday
Horseshoe pitching pros Dave Sopher and Butch Proctor will lead a workshop Saturday, from 10 a.m. to noon, at the site of the horseshoe pits on the grounds of Drake Well Museum.
June 18, 2013 - The Titusville Herald
- Sesquicentennial celebrated through song in original musical ‘Golden Horseshoe’
As folks across the state prepare to celebrate the state’s 150th birthday, a West Virginia based theater company is wrapping up rehearsal’s for their original musical commemorating the long history of the state. The Vintage Theater Company based in Clarksburg will present “The Golden Horseshoe” this week.
June 18, 2013 - West Virginia Public Broadcasting
- 2 rescued, 2 missing near Horseshoe Beach
Two of four missing men have been rescued after their boat capsized near Horseshoe Beach on Saturday. The search for the two missing men was suspended at 2 p.m. on Sunday.
June 17, 2013 - ABC 7 Gulfshore News
- Kevin Harvick in Examiner.com
They're really good, but they're also really, really lucky. They have a golden horseshoe stuck up their ass, there's no getting around that,Harvick said, which gets my vote as quote of the week.
- Aaron Harang in USA Today
If you dwell on it, you make it worse,Harang said. "We have to go out and do the small things and hope somebody finds a horseshoe in the clubhouse."
- Terry Crews in Kansas City Star
The Colts have that horseshoe on the side of their helmet. When I got up I couldn't understand why they had a U on their helmet. I thought we were playing Utica,Crews says.