- a not disposed to cheat or defraud; not deceptive or fraudulent
- a worthy of being honored; entitled to honor and respect
an honorable man
led an honorable life
honorable service to his country
- s adhering to ethical and moral principles
followed the only honorable course of action
- s deserving of esteem and respect
- For Brutus is an honorable man, So are they all, all honorable men! The six Japanese Bruti who slew Premier Ki Inukai for his "excessive pacifism" (PTI, May 23,.
- As the electric train slides into the station 30 miles northwest of Osaka, the pretty conductress announces the last stop in a falsetto singsong: "Finally, honorable passengers .
- On the one hand, he could write that "the only wise and honorable and Christian thing to do is to treat each black man and each white man strictly on his merits as a man.
- President Bush in KGMB9
It's sad that we live in a time when a talented and honorable person like Alberto Gonzales is impeding from doing important work because his good name was dragged through the mud for political reasons,said Bush.
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Reuters
They should be offered an honorable form of reconciliation and re-integration into a peaceful society, if they are willing to abandon violence, break with al Qaeda, and support the constitution,Clinton said.