honored : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v bestow honor or rewards upon
- v show respect towards
- v accept as pay
- s having an illustrious reputation; respected
- We honored Congresswoman Hilda Solis for building a coalition to pass groundbreaking environmental legislation as a young Latina state senator in California.
- He has been honored by many organizations, from the Center for Security Policy (Mighty Pen Award) to People for the American Way (First Amendment Award).
- For this impact on all of us, I am honored to honor Oprah, the only person to make this list every year since it began.
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Wall Street Journal
Today we are coming together for the same goal, to elect Barack Obama as the next president of the United States. I was honored to be in this race with Barack and I am proud we had a spirited dialogue,Sen. Clinton said, prompting laughter...
- Al Gore in Guardian Unlimited
I am deeply honored to receive the Nobel Peace Prize,Gore said. "We face a true planetary emergency. The climate crisis is not a political issue, it is a moral and spiritual challenge to all of humanity."
- Abraham Lincoln in Arizona Republic
That from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion,Mesa Councilman Kyle Jones said as he stood on stage near the orchestra and recited part of Lincoln's Gettysburg...