honorary : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s given as an honor without the normal duties
an honorary degree
- In another scenario, Greek politicians speculate, he could make her an honorary parliamentary member.
- As far as Kng is concerned, "if we give honorary doctorates to him, it would seem that we approve his ideas.
- Twentieth Century Fox crowned them "honorary Bond girls" to promote its latest 007 movie in Japan, sparking rumors of roles in a future Bond film.
News & Articles
- Montana federal judge receives honorary doctorate
A federal judge in Missoula has received an honorary doctorate from University College Cork in Cork, Ireland.
June 12, 2013 - Montana Kaimin
- Honorary Mayor campaign countdown
Honorary Mayor candidate Lyle Thomas, left, and his campaign manager Pam Hardwick, right, had a busy weekend. On Saturday, Hardwick hosted her annual Yahtzee Tournament at the Y Saloon to benefit the Lucerne Valley Youth Project, and on Sunday, supporters of Thomas’s candidacy converged on the saloon for a poker run fundraiser. After several remaining campaign fundraisers for Thomas and ...
June 11, 2013 - The Lucerne Valley Leader
- Walsh College to Confer Honorary Doctor of Laws Degree Upon Citigroup Chief Innovation Officer Debby Hopkins at June ...
TROY, Mich., June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Walsh College will confer an honorary doctor of laws degree upon its keynote speaker, Citigroup's Chief Innovation Officer, Debby Hopkins , at its 101 st Commencement ...
June 11, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Joanna Lumley in ITN
Lumley said before the hearing: "My own father served with the Gurkhas for 30 years. Indeed, he saw action as a Chindit in Burma with Victoria Cross winner Honorary Lieutenant Tul Bahadur Pun. Like so many people in Britain I am ashamed at how...
- Michael Lopez-Alegria in International Herald Tribune
By the authority vested in me, which I just invented, we would like to make you an honorary member of the NASA astronaut corps,Lopez-Alegria said, pinning wings onto Reiter's shirt.