- a not disposed to cheat or defraud; not deceptive or fraudulent
- s without dissimulation; frank
my honest opinion
- s worthy of being depended on
an honest working stiff
- s without pretensions
worked at an honest trade
good honest food
- s marked by truth
gave honest answers
- s not forged
- s gained or earned without cheating or stealing
an honest wage
- He was also the most honest comedian I've ever seen.
- He's the thinking man's slacker, but his prose is a force multiplierlucid, honest and unhampered by neurotic self-loathing.
- Slaughterhouse-Five is a cynical novel, but beneath the bitter, grim-jawed humor is a desperate, painfully honest attempt to confront the monstrous crimes of the 20th century.
News & Articles
- Morning Report: Jose Aldo agrees Anthony Pettis is 'cutting in line,' intends to challenge for lightweight belt with win
Let's be honest with each other for a second. The UFC featherweight division is kind of a mess. Don't get me wrong, Jose Aldo vs. Anthony Pettis is a monster fight. Two world class, hyper-athletic, insanely creative martial artists locked inside a cage for 25 minutes. I'm all for that. But like Chan Sung Jung mentioned last week, and Ricardo Lamas voiced prior, the bout doesn't really make much ...
June 11, 2013 - SB Nation
- Missing Mr. Bobo
To be just downright honest, I never expected to miss him this much. And, if the deeper truth be told, perhaps it isn’t just the loss of a singular man, though great and admirable he was. Maybe it’s the combined losses of those three who sat together on the church pew in the third row. Perhaps that’s what makes the grief so profound and long lasting. read more
June 11, 2013 - The Fayette Citizen
- Honest Mike Mulgrew
Give Michael Mulgrew credit for one of the few honest assessments about what’s going on in this year’s mayoral race. “We’re not about picking a mayor,” the union boss told the New York Observer. “We’re about making a mayor, making the winner. And that’s what...
June 7, 2013 - New York Post
- Barack Obama in Toronto Star
To be honest, I do not feel that I deserve to be in the company of so many of the transformative figures who've been honoured by this prize,Obama said. "But I also know that this prize reflects the kind of world that those men and women...
- Donovan in New York Times (blog)
I'ma little gutted to be honest,he told reporters in Johannesburg. "I don't know how they stole that last goal from us. I'm not sure what the call was. He wouldn't tell us what the call was."
- Roger Goodell in San Francisco Chronicle
This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field,Goodell wrote.