- n verbal misrepresentation intended to take advantage of you in some way
- With Don Durdan, a left-handed right halfback, and Bob Dethman, a right-handed left halfback, carrying out clever hocus-pocus despite a drizzling rain, they fooled the Devils .
- State insurance commissioner is in ordinary times a job much like the job of state bank commissioner: super-auditor to see that no one plays hocus-pocus with money that the public .
- By the end of book one the author's parents are "lost" amid the many dead-end, hocus-pocus cures, Florence the younger sister has attempted suicide, and the author has locked .
- Mike Tomlin in Vancouver Sun
I personally don't subscribe to that hocus-pocus,Tomlin said. "What happened in the other two games will have no bearing on the outcome of this game."