- n English physician who first described Hodgkin's disease (1798-1866)
- n English chemist (born in Egypt) who used crystallography to study the structure of organic compounds (1910-1994)
- n English physiologist who, with Andrew Huxley, discovered the role of potassium and sodium atoms in the transmission of the nerve impulse (1914-1998)
News & Articles
- After defeat, RSU 4 starts school budget over
WALES — The morning after the school budget's defeat at the polls, RSU 4 Superintendent Jim Hodgkin said he expected to have a new, leaner budget before voters in four to six weeks.
June 13, 2013 - The Lewiston Sun Journal
- Dose analysis predicts non-Hodgkin lymphoma survival
( Society of Nuclear Medicine ) Outcomes can be bleak for non-Hodgkin lymphoma, a cancer that develops in the white blood cells of the immune system. Accurate estimation of radiation absorbed dose in radioimmunotherapy based on state-of-the-art 3-D imaging could lead to more personalized and effective treatments to improve patients' chances of living longer without progression of their cancer ...
June 11, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Most survivors of childhood cancers suffer chronic health problems, St. Jude study finds
Although it helped her survive and beat Hodgkin lymphoma, the intense chest radiation that Catherine Mize received as a 21-year-old college student may have unleashed other health problems later.
June 11, 2013 - Memphis Commercial Appeal