hoffa : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n United States labor leader who was president of the Teamsters Union; he was jailed for trying to bribe a judge and later disappeared and is assumed to have been murdered (1913-1975)
News & Articles
- Hoffa mystery still fascinates after 4 decades
OAKLAND TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — The latest possible resting place of Teamsters boss Jimmy Hoffa is an overgrown farm field where the normal calm of chirping crickets is being drowned out by a beeping backhoe, the chop of an overhead news helicopter and the bustle of reporters and onlookers.
June 19, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Hoffa remains: Who told FBI to look near Detroit?
Hoffa remains: The search for Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa's remains continues Tuesday. Tony Zerilli said that Hoffa was buried beneath a concrete slab in a barn in a field in suburban Detroit in 1975. Digging on Monday turned up no sign of Hoffa.
June 18, 2013 - The Christian Science Monitor
- Hoffa remains sought in a field near Detroit (+video)
Hoffa remains: An FBI spokesman said that the agency was executing a search or Jimmy Hoffa's remains in Oakland Township, about 25 miles north of Detroit.
June 17, 2013 - The Christian Science Monitor
- Robert De Niro in MTV.com (blog)
It's based on a book called 'I Heard You Paint Houses.' It's a very simple, terrific story about [mobster Frank Sheeran], who supposedly killed [Jimmy] Hoffa and Joe Gallo and so on,De Niro said.
- Milton Berle in Los Angeles Times
STERLING OFFERED a joke at his own expense, telling the story about a party at his house years ago and comedian Milton Berle saying, "Anyone waiting for the Clippers to win a championship, leaves the porch light on for [Jimmy] Hoffa."
- Ernest Istook in Earthtimes (press release)
Upon reading this statement, SOS Ballot Chairman Rep. Ernest Istook responded, "Mr. Hoffa's statement is the epitome of arrogance and willful ignorance. The secret ballot has been a basic tenet of democracy since its earliest beginnings in Greece ....