- n verbal misrepresentation intended to take advantage of you in some way
- n the use of tricks to deceive someone (usually to extract money from them)
- Movies began as trickery, a game that science played on the eye.
- That's where Bernie went wrong his scheming, his trickery was an outrage both because it was illegal and because he preyed on his side of the tracks.
- Their supernal powers are all trickery, of course--trapdoors and specters on a stick--but it's a good show.
News & Articles
- 'The Ghost Army' plays tricks on Nazis on front lines, new on DVD
The amazing true story of a special American military unit's tactical trickery is revealed at last in "The Ghost Army." The fascinating documentary arrives on DVD on Tuesday, June 18.
June 16, 2013 - The Cleveland Plain Dealer
- The payday Trojan horse
By Joseph Sabino Mistick, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review The tale of the Trojan horse, and the trickery it symbolizes, provides a dead-on example of the most recent efforts to legalize payday lending in ...
June 16, 2013 - The Mckeesport Daily News
- Cowboys' defense focused on 'small things'
There's a lot of change on the defensive side of the ball this year for the Dallas Cowboys. But to hear Anthony Spencer tell it, things are less complex under new coordinator Monte Kiffin than they were under his scheme-driven predecessor Rob Ryan. Per the Dallas Morning News: On the field, Ryan’s 3-4 scheme is much more complex. Kiffin’s 4-3 base has less terminology and trickery, allowing a ...
June 13, 2013 - ESPN Blogs
- JesÃºs Ortega in Toronto Sun
This is a crass ploy, a trickery to stop Gregorio from becoming governor of the state, stop him at all cost,the leftist party's national leader Jesus Ortega said in an interview Wednesday with MVS Radio.
- Vince Carter in SportingNews.com
It's a great opportunity, but we still have to win games,Carter said Thursday. "We have to do it together as a unit. Right now it's all about finding a way and getting it done. There's no trickery; we have 27, 28 games to get it done. If...
- Ehud Olmert in Seattle Times
Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert praised Merkel's "strong and determined position against the horrific calls from the president of Iran to wipe Israel off the map and against Tehran's trickery and deceit."