hired : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v engage or hire for work
They hired two new secretaries in the department
- v hold under a lease or rental agreement; of goods and services
- v engage for service under a term of contract
- s having services engaged for a fee
a hired gun
- a hired for the exclusive temporary use of a group of travelers
- The wife, Hannah (Verna Bloom), takes on the pair as hired hands.
- The journalists he hired included both Tutsi and Hutu ex-combatants.
- Yoko Ono hired him to help find her daughter.