- n a person who is entitled by law or by the terms of a will to inherit the estate of another
- n a person who inherits some title or office
- After a conservative phase, the wife of the heir to the throne has come into her own in the global fashion scene.
- With Hafez Assad's death, the spotlight turns to his son Bashar, 34, a mild-mannered ophthalmologist and perhaps the most unlikely political heir among the new generation of Arab .
- Queen Juliana of The Netherlands and her husband Prince Bernhard last week broke their long silence on the palace influence of Faith Healer Greet Hofmans (PTI, June 25).
News & Articles
- Prince Charles' Annual Report: Queen's Diamond Jubilee, 'Skyfall' Premiere Highlighted
The heir to the throne's funding from the taxpayer falls 47 percent for the fiscal year that ended in March, from $3.2 million (£2.1 million) the previous year to $1.7 million (£1.1 million). read more
June 28, 2013 - The Hollywood Reporter
- Hormel heir made history as 1st openly gay ambassador
Hormel heir made history as 1st openly gay ambassador Early on a sunny San Francisco morning, the Supreme Court announced that part of the deeply disliked Defense of Marriage Act was unconstitutional and same-sex couples can once again marry in California. In his 30s, Hormel was such a mainstream Midwesterner that there was talk of him running for Congress - as a moderate Republican. [...] the ...
June 27, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Hotel family heir Stephen Marriott dies at 54
Hotel family heir Stephen Marriott dies at 54 the Washington Post Published Jun 25, 2013 12:43PM MDT Stephen Marriott began using hearing aids in ninth grade, and his father tried to reassure him that the device was no different than a set of eyeglasses. His vision slowly worsened, too. By his early 20s, after completing a Mormon mission in British Columbia and entering graduate business school ...
June 25, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Barack Obama in Christian Science Monitor
In his 16 minute message at the end of the two hour Catholic service, President Obama called Kennedy "the heir to a weighty legacy; a champion for those who had none; the soul of the Democratic Party; and the lion of the US Senate."
- Martin Luther King in Washington Post
When the architects of our republic wrote the magnificent words of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence,King said, "they were signing a promissory note to which every American was to fall heir. . . . Instead of honoring...
- Jeremy Paxman in guardian.co.uk
While the BBC does report royal matters pretty straightforwardly, as it should, there is still a fawning taste, a fawning sense to the tone of voice it adopts when dealing with the heir to throne and his family,Paxman said. "They do not...