- n (law) any property that is considered by law or custom as inseparable from an inheritance is inherited with that inheritance
- n something that has been in a family for generations
- She is also optimistic about the Slow Food movement, which she says is banding nations together to find the best heirloom varieties of fruits and vegetables to plant for .
- In this taxonomy, George Clooney is a family heirloom.
- Suzanne Goin, chef at Los Angeles' Lucques and AOC, put a plate of ripe tomatoes with basil on her list even though she didn't eat heirloom tomatoes as a kid--her dad didn't like .
News & Articles
- Summer tomato salad with fresh oregano
Serves 6 Make the most of native tomatoes with this simple summer dish. If you don't grow your own, farmers' markets are selling heirloom varieties, including brandywine, green zebra, and carbon. Cut them into all different shapes. Arrange on a large platter, sprinkle with a white wine vinaigrette and garnish with fresh oregano — or another herb you have on ...
June 15, 2013 - Boston Globe
- A seed farmer cultivates art
A seed library commissions artists to design heirloom packaging for its packets
June 14, 2013 - Washington Post
- ‘b. organic’ Creator & Host Featured on Old Time Heirloom Hour
Every other Saturday, the Heirloom Market & Café hosts a live recording of their hit variety show called, “The Old Time Heirloom Hour.” Each show introduces a special guest, as well as a talented local band that plays throughout the hour.
June 11, 2013 - The Prairie Advocate
- Ivanka Trump in Diamonds.net
After great success in New York I am excited to launch my collection globally,Trump said. "I am confident in my design of heirloom chic jewelry and believe the world's top capitals will continue to carry my vision into their markets."
- Dawn Marie Sass in Capital Times
I would prefer the rightful owner or heir to come forward and be reunited with their heirloom, but after several years of abandonment, my office has to auction off the items in the vault,Sass said.
- Fiona Bruce in Mirror.co.uk
Fiona, 44, said: "We're asked countless questions at roadshows about those magic moments - like what's the most valuable bargain buy ever seen? And have we ever smashed a family heirloom by accident? People are fascinated by such things. Now we'll...