hazmat : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an abbreviation for `hazardous material' used on warning signs
- Though Ashcroft may not explicitly link hazmat and terrorists, aviation specialists say the frightening prospect is that terrorists will get their hands on hazmat and try and to .
- A decontamination crew dressed in hazmat suits stands together as an investigator takes photographs outside Ottilie Lundgren's home in Oxford, Conn.
- If resources are spread too thin, they are useless, says Chertoff: "One hazmat suit in every town does nobody any good.
News & Articles
- HazMat incident at Champlain Port of Entry
Fire officials confirm a HazMat incident is underway at the Champlain Port of Entry. Champlain Fire Department officials say multiple crews from the surrounding area have responded to the scene this morning. Responders from Rouses Point, Champlain, Mooers, Chazy and Alburgh, Vermont are present. Clinton County Dispatch has confirmed that six people have been transported to the hospital ...
June 15, 2013 - WPTZ Burlington
- Hazmat prompts evacuation of Lincoln Tech, sends 10 to hospital
Hazmat crews swarmed a technical school in Lehigh County on Thursday. An odor was making students at Lincoln Technical Institute in South Whitehall Township sick, and the campus was evacuated just after 1 p.m. Nearly a dozen people were sent to local hospitals. "We were just having a normal day in class and all of the sudden the alarm went off," described Hector Arroyo, a medical assistant ...
June 14, 2013 - WFMZ Eastern Pennsylvania and Western New Jersey
- Hazmat cleans 120 gal. of fuel on road
Hazmat was busy this morning after a semi-truck spilled 120 gallons of fuel on the road.
June 13, 2013 - KERO 23 Bakersfield
- Kathryn Bigelow in About - News & Issues (blog)
And Bigelow added one more dedication: "To the men and women all over the world who, sorry to reiterate, wear a uniform, but even not just the military. Hazmat, emergency, firemen, they're there for us and we're there for them."
- Bennie Thompson in International Herald Tribune
I am not convinced that all of the security gaps plaguing our current hazmat transport system will be filled by this proposal,said Democratic Rep. Bennie Thompson.
- Stephen F Lynch in Earthtimes.org
It is time to take common-sense steps to secure and monitor our rail stations and train platforms, and train our rail workers adequately in terrorism evacuation and HAZMAT response,said Congressman Stephen F. Lynch, member of the House...