- n a lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood; composed of a high proportion of protein and relatively little cholesterol; high levels are thought to be associated with decreased risk of coronary heart disease and atherosclerosis
- Olive oil and oils found in fish, by contrast, can help raise hdl in some people.
News & Articles
- GeneNews Enters Into Joint Venture to Establish US CLIA Lab
TORONTO -- GeneNews Limited announced today that it has formed a joint venture with two private American companies, Health Diagnostic Laboratory, Inc. ("HDL") and a sales organization with national ...
July 2, 2013 - GlobeNewswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Magruder Hospital offers health screening
PORT CLINTON — Magruder Hospital will offer its monthly cholesterol (total/LDL/HDL/Triglycerides), blood pressure and glucose screening for $16 at 1 p.m. July 11. Appointments can be made by calling 419-734-3131 ext. 3420.
June 30, 2013 - Port Clinton News Herald
- More Bad News For HDL Therapies: ASSURE Trial Misses Primary Endpoint
The string of bad news for HDL-related therapies continues. Resverlogix yesterday announced that the ASSURE clinical trial had failed to meet its primary endpoint. RVX-208, the drug being studied in the trial, is a novel small molecule that increases production of ApoA-1, which raises HDL levels and is thought to enhance reverse cholesterol transport.
June 28, 2013 - Forbes
- Herman Goering in Newswise (press release)
Although in this paper we show how we used the method to find a gene with a big influence on HDL cholesterol, we've begun applying this same approach to every disease that we work on and have obtained outstanding results,said Harald GÃ¶ring,...
- Sebastian Thrun in Business Wire (press release)
The Velodyne HDL-64E was a major asset in our Junior robot and contributed significantly to our second place finish in this challenging race,said Sebastian Thrun, Professor of Computer Science and Director of the Artificial Intelligence...
- Glenn in Chicago Tribune
From an Abbott perspective, the torcetrapib discontinuation will eliminate one major competitor from the combination therapy, HDL-raising market,said Glenn Reicin, an analyst with Morgan Stanley in New York.