- n a very light colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses; the most difficult gas to liquefy; occurs in economically extractable amounts in certain natural gases (as those found in Texas and Kansas)
- n the 5th letter of the Hebrew alphabet
News & Articles
- Bookmaker testifies he paid protection money to Whitey Bulger’s gang
A former bookmaker from the Boston area told jurors in federal court this morning that he made protection payments to associates of notorious gangster James “Whitey” Bulger, and he did so under the understanding that, if he did not, Bulger could resort to violence. James Katz said he dealt often with Bulger’s right-hand man, Stephen “The Rifleman” Flemmi, and it was his understanding that they ...
June 14, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Cruz says he will sign tender, rejoin Giants
New York Giants receiver Victor Cruz told ESPN's Josina Anderson on Friday that he's on his way to the team's facility and he intends to sign his first-round restricted free agent tender worth $2.879 million.
June 14, 2013 - ESPN
- ‘He had no chance,’ dad says of 10-year-old killed by drunken boater
At a sentencing hearing Thursday for the drunken boater who mowed over his 10-year-old son last July, Jim Borcia talked about nightmares and flashbacks of Tony’s death. The Borcia family was enjoying a perfect July day on Petite Lake when David Hatyina, who has pleaded guilty to operating his boat under the influence of alcohol and cocaine, ran over Tony. “He had no chance against a 30-foot ...
June 14, 2013 - Chicago Sun-Times
- Dwyane Wade in The Associated Press
I won't speak to him again until he makes his decision,Wade said. "And when it's over, I will congratulate him. But I will be watching."
- Dan Gilbert in Los Angeles Times (blog)
In addition, Gilbert says "the self-declared former 'King' will be taking the 'curse' with him down South. And until he does 'right' by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma."