- n shackle that consists of a metal loop that can be locked around the wrist; usually used in pairs
- v confine or restrain with or as if with manacles or handcuffs
The police handcuffed the suspect at the scene of the crime
- It turns out that you call it "S and M" only if you don't do it or if you experiment only occasionally with those handcuffs you keep hidden at the back of the nightstand.
- But clapping handcuffs on Buddhist monks is a far more difficult proposition in this deeply devout nation.
- The handcuffs along with enlarged copies of their visa papers strung around their necks were symbolic.
News & Articles
- Handcuff dispute bound for trouble
Handcuffs, alcohol, grandma, girlfriends and guns were all part of an altercation early Wednesday morning in Orangeburg that led to some cuts and bruises, according to authorities.
June 13, 2013 - The Times and Democrat
- Breaking Down the Top 5 Fantasy Football Handcuff Situations in 2013
In fantasy football, nothing can ruin a season faster than watching in horror as your first-round running back goes down in a heap in Week 3. That's it. Season's over, right? Maybe not, if you purchased insurance against injury by "handcuffing" your star tailback with his backup. On some NFL teams, the backfield situation is just too muddied for there to even be a handcuff. It's a committee, and ...
June 12, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Parents of Sheena Morris meet with FDLE
Wearing a "Justice 4 Sheena" bracelet and her lucky handcuff necklace, Kelly Osborn walked into the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's Tampa office prepared to present details in her daughter's death.
June 10, 2013 - ABC Action News Tampa Bay
- Barack Obama in CNN
I think it was a pretty straightforward commentary that you probably don't need to handcuff a guy, a middle-aged man who uses a cane, who's in his own home,Obama told ABC's "Nightline."
- Dan Bartlett in Ninemsn
It would unnecessarily handcuff our generals on the ground, and it's safe to say it's a non-starter for the president,presidential counsellor Dan Bartlett said.
- President Bush in International Herald Tribune
Yesterday, Democratic leaders announced that they planned to send me a bill that will fund our troops only if we agree to handcuff our generals, add billions of dollars of unrelated spending and begin to pull out of Iraq by an arbitrary date,...