handful : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a small number or amount
only a handful of responses were received
- n the quantity that can be held in the hand
- Chevrolet execs knew the Corvair a lithe and lovely car with an air-cooled, flat-six in the back, a la the VW Beetle was a handful, but they declined to spend the few .
- A handful sought treatment for sexual assault.
- For one thing, they keep the theaters filled something that a handful of new musicals (and an even smaller handful of straight plays) each season could never do on their own.
News & Articles
- Garth Brooks Joins Toby Keith, Willie Nelson for Oklahoma Tornado Relief Concert
Garth Brooks will join a handful of big-name country music stars for a benefit concert to help the victims of last month’s devastating tornados in Oklahoma. The relief concert is being headlined by Toby Keith and sponsored by Oklahoma country …
June 14, 2013 - WebProNews
- Markets | Apple’s Flat Design Falls Flat on Wall Street
There are a handful of big events that Apple hosts each year that can be a catalyst for share price. This week’s Worldwide Developer Conference is one. And while the developers to whom it is targeted may have fallen in ...
June 14, 2013 - Wired News
- Rand Paul's NSA rebukes could help or hurt in 2016
WASHINGTON (AP) — Of the handful of tea party-backed Republicans eyeing a 2016 presidential bid, Sen. Rand Paul is emerging as the most forceful in pushing libertarian principles, especially on anti-terrorism issues.
June 13, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in ABC News (blog)
I am furious at this entire situation because this is an example where somebody didn't think through the consequences of their actions,Obama said in an interview with CNN's Larry King. "It's imperiling not just a handful of people. This is...
- President Bush in USA Today
Bush said he was "deeply disappointed that a handful of United States Senators prevented Ambassador Bolton from receiving the up or down vote he deserved in the Senate. They chose to obstruct his confirmation, even though he enjoys majority support...
- Rehman in China Daily
The enemy has started a guerrilla war,Interior Minister Rehman Malik said. "The whole nation should be united against these handful of terrorists."