cuff : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the lap consisting of a turned-back hem encircling the end of the sleeve or leg
- n shackle that consists of a metal loop that can be locked around the wrist; usually used in pairs
- v hit with the hand
- v confine or restrain with or as if with manacles or handcuffs
The police handcuffed the suspect at the scene of the crime
- Big-name, fine-jewelry designers are zooming in on their next consumer, men, with everything from cuff links to tie clips.
- Chester's cuff tissue was thick and strong, freshly ripped off the bone; if put back properly, he could certainly return to police work.
- The bones were obviously old, and when the coroner asked for an opinion, Chatters' off-the-cuff guess, based on the skull's superficially Caucasoid features, was that they probably .
News & Articles
- NBA Draft rumors roundup: Anthony Bennett meeting with top 5 teams
Anthony Bennett is among the most talented players available when the 2013 NBA Draft rolls around in two weeks. As the UNLV forward continues progressing from the surgery he underwent on his rotator cuff, he visited with the Washington Wizards on Thursday. Washington holds the third pick in the draft and is in need of a small forward. Bennett ( scouting report ) told reporters that he plans to ...
June 14, 2013 - SB Nation
- Best Bet: Charles Albert Cuff
The cuff: It's simple, sexy, and always appropriate. It's perfect for those moments when you're standing in front of the mirror, head cocked and eyes squinted, trying to figure out what's missing — especially once the weather gets warmer and the idea of making an outfit gets harder. Pair a ... More »
June 13, 2013 - New York Magazine
- ‘Cuff Me!’ a ‘Fifty Shades’ Parody
How much sport can there be in taking aim at as big a target as E. L. James’s erotic novel “Fifty Shades of Grey”? That thought came to mind Wednesday night at the Actors Temple Theater, while I was watching “Cuff Me! The Fifty Shades of Grey Unauthorized Musical Parody.”
June 9, 2013 - New York Times
- Terry Francona in MLB.com
There was no structural changes, which is really good news,said Red Sox manager Terry Francona. "The final diagnosis is a mild deltoid rotator cuff strain. The best way we can see to attack this is, we'll DL him, take the time down,...
- Alan Jackson in FOXNews
In both cases, he says the exact same thing. This is not an off-the-cuff remark,prosecutor Alan Jackson told the judge. "It shows his state of mind regarding women."
- Barry Bonds in SportingNews.com
My reaction stemmed from my feelings about Costas' statements during a broadcast,Bonds said in a journal entry posted on his Web site. "The comment I made about him was off the cuff, and my problem with Costas is not with his height, but...