- v cause to stop
- v come to a halt, stop moving
- v stop from happening or developing
- v stop the flow of a liquid
- s disabled in the feet or legs
- s fragmentary or halting from emotional strain
uttered a few halting words of sorrow
- And once again the government has announced a package of measures aimed at halting it.
- She recently sent a letter out to hundreds of hedge funds berating them for their large fees and for halting client redemptions when funds were down.
- But those who practice sadomasochismincluding those halting dabblers who tee-hee their way through spankings, hoping to paddle excitement into their marriageknow it's .
News & Articles
- Army civilians furloughs begin next month
A weekly furlough for civilian Army employees at two Coastal Georgia military installations will kick in next month, temporarily halting many services at Fort Stewart and Hunter Army Airfield at least one day each week through the end of September.
June 22, 2013 - Savannah Morning News
- Afternoon rain fails to dampen ‘Softball Heaven’
An early afternoon rainstorm was unsuccessful in halting “Softball Heaven” Friday.
June 22, 2013 - Helena Independent Record
- Drone strikes are real enemy
Deescalating the "war on terror" by halting the use of tactics such as drone attacks might not bring an end to home-grown radicalization. But Fawaz Gerges says keep disillusioned Muslim teens from taking a violent path.
June 21, 2013 - CNN
- Mahmoud Abbas in Palestine Media Center
Halting contacts with Israel is useless,Abbas said. "On the contrary, we should intensify our contacts and our meetings to stop the suffering of our people."
- Ban Ki-moon in Reuters South Africa
In recent years, several African countries have made dramatic strides in malaria control, but the most affected nations remain off track to reach the goal of halting and reversing the incidence of the disease,Ban said. "We need desperately...
- Ehud Olmert in USA Today
We are acting and we will continue to act in a way that is painful and effective, that will bring maximum results in terms of halting terror,Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert told members of his Kadima Party.