- n an established custom
it was their habit to dine at 7 every evening
- n (psychology) an automatic pattern of behavior in reaction to a specific situation; may be inherited or acquired through frequent repetition
owls have nocturnal habits
she had a habit twirling the ends of her hair
- n a distinctive attire worn by a member of a religious order
- n the general form or mode of growth (especially of a plant or crystal)
a shrub of spreading habit
- n attire that is typically worn by a horseback rider (especially a woman's attire)
- n excessive use of drugs
- v put a habit on
- Far from the green grass of Yankee Stadium, a tourist in Rome succumbed to an old Yankee habit: psychoanalyzing the Brooklyn Dodgers.
- Sleep is just a bad habit.
- Can Europeans kick the habit that is killing them?.
News & Articles
- Please Don't Add Me to Your Email List
For the past several weeks I’ve been cleaning up my overloaded email inbox and unsubscribing from newsletters and email marketing lists. I had gotten in a bad habit of simply deleting new mail that I didn’t want to read, and decided it was time to take action and ban many
June 19, 2013 - Forbes
- Deputies: Ex-Subway employee robs store to support 'MoJo' habit
WWLTV.com Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @WWLTV HOUMA, La. – An ex-Subway employee turned himself in after robbing the store in order to support his “MoJo” habit, according to the Terrebonne Parish Sheriff’s Office. On the night of April 23, deputies responded to a burglary at the Subway located on West Park Avenue in Houma and discovered that the front glass door of the business was ...
June 18, 2013 - WWL-TV, Channel 4 New Orleans
- The Habit Is Bringing Its Burgers to San Marcos
The Habit Restaurants LLC, doing business as The Habit Burger Grill, has leased a space in San Marcos for what would be its fourth San Diego County restaurant.
June 17, 2013 - San Diego Business Journal
- Barack Obama in USA Today
I was one of these teenagers. And so I know how difficult it can be to break this habit when it's been with you for a long time,said Obama, who has been public about his own struggles to quit smoking.
- Kate Winslet in FOXNews
You have to forgive me because I have a habit of not winning things,Winslet said as she opened what she acknowledged was a long acceptance speech.
- Dale Earnhardt Jr in SI.com
This is a one time deal,Earnhardt says. "I have no intentions of making it a habit to run special paint schemes with my dad's number every year, and I'm pretty sure this will be the last time I drive No. 3. It's my dad's number. We are...