habitat : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the type of environment in which an organism or group normally lives or occurs
a marine habitat
- Poverty and habitat loss go hand in hand in Madagascar and in much of the developing world, and only win-win solutions will work for conservation.
- At least 80 percent of the habitat for giant pandas in China's earthquake-hit province was destroyed or damaged.
- The one lesson any conservationist must labour to drive home is that habitat loss is the principal cause of species loss.
News & Articles
- Habitat dedicates home to CLE family
Greater Cleveland Habitat for Humanity celebrated its 173rd house dedication Saturday after they handed over the keys to a fully refurbished Habitat home on East 84th Street to Julia Jones and her two sons Terrell and Dominic.
June 15, 2013 - News Channel 5 Cleveland
- Habitat holds blessing ceremony at newest home
PARKERSBURG - Wood County Habitat for Humanity, with the help of the West Virginia Central Credit Union, celebrated the building of its newest habitat home Friday. The groups held a "ground blessing ceremony" Friday afternoon at 1300 Dillaway St.
June 15, 2013 - Parkersburg News and Sentinel
- Habitat for Humanity Needs Volunteers in Granbury
Habitat for Humanity is looking for volunteers to help rebuild Granbury homes destroyed in last month's tornadoes. Volunteers are spending Memorial Day cleaning up debris. Habitat for Humanity built... Photo Credit: Patrick Michels
June 14, 2013 - NBC Dallas Fort Worth
- Jimmy Carter in Reuters
In an area of the world where many people live in deplorable conditions, we have a chance to help families improve their housing,said former President Jimmy Carter. "Over the years I have seen the lasting impact Habitat for Humanity...
- Sean Parnell in Reuters
Listing more than 3,000 square miles of Cook Inlet as critical habitat would do little to help grow the beluga population, but it would devastate economic opportunities in the region,Parnell, a Republican, said in a statement.
- Dirk Kempthorne in International Herald Tribune
Polar bears are one of nature's ultimate survivors, able to live and thrive in one of the world's harshest environments,Kempthorne said. "But we are concerned the polar bear's habitat may literally be melting."