guarani : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the basic unit of money in Paraguay; equal to 100 centimos
- n a member of the South American people living in Paraguay and Bolivia
- n the language spoken by the Guarani of Paraguay and Bolivia
- Attracted by rocklike stability (the guarani at 126 to the dollar has not budged in five years), foreign investment has increased steadily.
News & Articles
- Colombia to present plan to lop off three zeros off peso: finance minister
LONDON (Reuters) - Colombia hopes to lop three zeros off the country's peso currency, a step that might be implemented as soon as mid-2014 when the current presidential term ends, finance minister Mauricio Cardenas said on Monday. The peso currently trades around 1900 per dollar, making it the smallest-value unit in Latin America after Paraguay's guarani. But President Juan Manuel Santos mooted ...
June 10, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Evo Morales in Reuters
It is not that these lands were not in production, but that they were the site of human rights violations against the Guarani, who will now be their new owners,Morales said.
- James Cason in BBC News
The polls show that Paraguayans thought we didn't respect their culture. I said, that's not true and so that's why before I even came to the country, I learned Guarani and I've been studying since then,Mr Cason said. "I've never been to a...