guardian : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person who cares for persons or property
- More than half of all Americans believe they have been helped by a guardian angel in the course of their lives, according to a new poll by the Baylor University Institute for .
- Having run away from his guardian to avoid an arranged marriage, he joined a law firm in Johannesburg as an apprentice.
News & Articles
- Guardian eyed for NYC grandma in property fight
A judge is considering appointing a guardian to oversee the financial affairs of a 73-year-old New York City grandmother who has accused her granddaughter of conspiring with others to get her to sign away ownership of two buildings in Hell’s Kitchen.
July 2, 2013 - New York Daily News
- The Guardian: Small British paper makes big impact with NSA stories
The Guardian, underweight even by British standards, is making big noises on both sides of the Atlantic.
July 2, 2013 - Washington Post
- The NSA's Mini-Coverups Are Out There
When President Obama referred to Edward Snowden as a "hacker," it might have been meant as an insult, but it was accurate. While National Security Agency officials have been referring to Snowden as a "systems administrator" — which makes him sound like an unimportant office drone, an "IT guy," as many have called him — he was actually an "infrastructure analyst," he told The Guardian. That means ...
July 1, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in New York Times
His extraordinary life on this earth has come to an end. His extraordinary work lives on,Mr. Obama said, speaking from the Blue Heron Farm in the town of Chilmark. "For his family, he was a guardian. For America, he was a defender of a...
- Prince Harry in FOXNews
When she was alive, we completely took for granted her unrivaled love of life, laughter, fun and folly. She was our guardian, friend and protector,Harry said. "She never once allowed her unfaltering love us to go unspoken or...
- Alana Stewart in GossipCop (blog)
If I can help carry on Farrah's mission for the foundation, it's an honor for me,said Stewart. "I feel almost like she's a guardian angel watching over me, and I feel like she's smiling down on us and very happy that she died for a cause."