guarneri : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n Italian violin maker and grandson of Andrea Guarneri (1687?-1745)
- n founder of a family of Italian violin makers (1626?-1698)
- David Soyer in New York Times
In the 1986 book "The Art of Quartet Playing: The Guarneri String Quartet in Conversation With David Blum," Mr. Soyer described the position of a cello in a string quartet as both base and bass.
- Yi-Jia Susanne Hou in Ottawa Citizen (registration)
The Guarneri has a lot of sheer power but at the same time a sensuous warmth, silkiness and sweetness,Hou says.
- Andrew McFarlane in Fullnoise
In the first moto I got a really good start and tried to put in some fast lap times,said McFarlane. "I was running third behind Davide (Guarneri) and Billy (Mackenzie) when I had an engine problem and had to pull out. It was pretty much...