- n a loud low dull continuous noise
- n a complaint uttered in a low and indistinct tone
- v show one's unhappiness or critical attitude
- v make complaining remarks or noises under one's breath
- v to utter or emit low dull rumbling sounds
- v make a low noise
- s continuous full and low-pitched throbbing sound
- Yes, there's been some grumbling overseas about "buy American" provisions in the stimulus bill, but for the most part, officials elsewhere don't want to step on the toes of a new .
- For all the grumbling you do about your weekly grocery bill, the fact is you've never had it so good, at least in terms of what you pay for every calorie you eat.
- There was grumbling when the McCain campaign brought in a high-powered cheechako (that's an outsider), former federal terrorism prosecutor Ed O'Callaghan, to dictate the governor's .
News & Articles
- Day 6: Riding the Renegade Route
So here’s the thing: I’m generally not a rule-breaker. I follow directions and itineraries, and if they change and I’m told to do something different, I do it. Often with a bit of grumbling. So when the new route was announced for Day 6 of Ride The Rockies — a 93-mile ride that would help [...]
June 15, 2013 - Denver Post
- Steven Spielberg: Big tickets, big budgets make film industry 'implosion' imminent
Movie ticket prices have long been a subject of grumbling among theater-goers, who have balked (but paid) for years as admissions rose ever higher into the double digits. But as two of Hollywood's leading directors recently noted in a panel discussion, it's likely to get a lot worse -- and ultimately will change the industry forever."There's eventually going to be an implosion -- or a big ...
June 14, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- With renovation, Capitol exodus to start soon
Last session’s near-unanimous support for funding a major portion of the Capitol restoration project likely will turn into bipartisan grumbling this fall as the project moves inside the 108-year-old building.
June 14, 2013 - Finance and Commerce
- Joe Torre in SI.com
There was no question there was grumbling in the clubhouse,Torre said, "but I felt in the spring when he went out there every time it was his turn, that that stuff was sort of on hold."
- Andy Flower in SkySports
It looks as if it's here to stay. Certainly it's going to stay for this series,added Flower. "So there's no point in us grumbling about it. We've just get to get on with it and make sure we deal with it efficiently."
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
Obama told Ryan that "if you want me to line up all the black actors, for example, who support me and put them on one side of the room and a couple who are grumbling on the other, I'm happy to have that. . . . Is there grumbling?"