- n a loud low dull continuous noise
they heard the rumbling of thunder
- v make a low noise
- v to utter or emit low dull rumbling sounds
- s continuous full and low-pitched throbbing sound
the rumbling rolling sound of thunder
- Over a pulsing synthesizer, a ticking clock, a rumbling timpani and countless other perfectly calibrated whirs and beeps, Madonna declares, "I don't like cities, but I like New .
- On that fateful day in 1939, with America recovering from its greatest depression and war rumbling in the distance, Sarnoff gave the world a look into a new life.
- Last week the Government of slim, shrill Generalissimo Chiang had to send a private train to bring huge, rumbling War Lord Feng triumphantly home from Chahar.
News & Articles
- Classic cars take off in Montana 500 race
GREAT FALLS - The streets of north central Montana will be rumbling with the sound of classic cars this week as the Montana 500 takes place.
June 18, 2013 - KXLF Butte
- Wilson makes late rush for Red Cedar Speedway win
On a night when thunderstorms were rumbling all around the Red Cedar Speedway and lightning was flashing in all directions, there was plenty going on at the racetrack itself. Two drivers becam…
June 17, 2013 - Dunn County News
- Americans Abroad: Summer updates for U.S. internationals
With the U.S. national team making some noise in both friendlies and World Cup qualifying, Goal takes a look at some of the rumbling surrounding America's finest this offseason.
June 17, 2013 - Goal.com via Yahoo! Sports
- Prince William in Times Online
In an interview with Fearne Cotton, a BBC presenter, William said that the concert on July 1 at the Wembley Stadium would counter the "rumbling of people bringing up the bad" over the past ten years, while Harry talked about treasured private...
- Joey Chestnut in Doc's Sports Service
It shouldn't make a difference for my game plan,said Chestnut, a Californian, listed at -1000 at Sportsbook.com to take the title. "Three years ago, there was rumbling that he wouldn't show up because he said he had a jaw injury. But he...
- Terry Wogan in BBC News
Aled Jones sings like the canary that he is,said Sir Terry, who had a hit in 1978 with Floral Dance. "But listeners may also detect my croaking in the background and wonder if it's a rumbling of the stomach."