growl : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the sound of growling (as made by animals)
- v to utter or emit low dull rumbling sounds
- After four months of enforced hibernation, the press's surliest bear was back on the growl.
- Sometimes he lapses into a scrawny Presleyan growl, and sometimes his voice simply sinks into silence beneath the pile-driver chords he plays on his guitar.
- Finally the trucks began to growl up the narrow roads that climb to the Golden Triangle, the opium-rich territory where the borders of Thailand, Burma and Laos converge.
News & Articles
- Watchdog: Woman suspects FOP imposter
EDITOR’S NOTE: Ever want someone to growl on your behalf? The Watchdog wants to know about your consumer dilemmas and civic complaints. Each week she’ll select one of your issues, take a bite through
June 17, 2013 - Maryland Gazette
- Classic cars cruise Cd'A
The blast of horns. The wail of sirens. The growl of the engines.
June 15, 2013 - Coeur d'Alene Press
- Ad of the Day: Tango
BBH London's new campaign for Tango, the British soft-drink brand, really pumps me up. Folks who enjoy the beverage in these superbly silly spots growl "AAARGH!" at full volume and flex their suddenly enormous biceps, pecs and delts after morphing into ridiculously ripped, bikini-sheathed, spray-tanned muscle-hulks—owing presumably to Tango's "orange intensity." Parental warning: Your kids will ...
June 14, 2013 - AdWeek
- Peter Mayhew in San Diego Union Tribune
When he takes his oath to become an American, Mayhew said he'll recite what he can remember and "it will be a Chewie growl for the other parts."
- Sarah Palin in Politico
I heartily endorse these liberty-loving 'Mama Grizzlies,'Palin wrote on her Facebook page Thursday. "They'll do more than just growl about our challenges because they know how to work hard and protect America's future by ushering a new era...
- Morris Iemma in Sydney Morning Herald
That's very scary,Mr Iemma told the students. "That's like being in parliament during question time. The bear pit doesn't growl like that, though. You should come in one day, wouldn't that be fun?"