- n a gruff or angry utterance (suggestive of the growling of an animal)
- n the sound of growling (as made by animals)
- v to utter or emit low dull rumbling sounds
- Georgia has much to fear from diehard imperialists in Moscow, but there is another, internal menace -- a growling presence in the garden.
- In the marbled corridors of the Capitol, a growing, growling inauguration-day crowd waited too, under the steely eyes of state troopers and city police spotted through the .
- In The Chairs, for example, an old couple at a lighthouse fill a room with chairs to prepare for an orator who turns out to speak only by growling.
News & Articles
- Wrap Party: Daft Punk Does The Time Warp, Walden's Free NYC Show, When Twerking Goes Wrong
New Music: Tommy Trash ‘Monkey In Love’ Rising talent and producer Tommy Trash sizes up with his new single “Monkey In Love’, launched on Steve Angello’s Size Records. The single drops July 22, stripped of melodic layers and pulsating with a crisp drum set and growling bassline.
June 13, 2013 - Vibe Magazine
- Woodland edges B-E, caps year as T&D Region’s top program
BYRDS – The words “Fear the Beast” are boldly written in red on the school logo, which shows an imposing cartoon picture of a muscularly built, growling Wolverine in a green sweater.
June 13, 2013 - The Times and Democrat
- Never Found in the '80s: Killing Joke' 'Eighties'
One of the quintessential bands of the post-punk era, Killing Joke formed in the late 70s and went from a growling, angry sound to a catchier, angry sound. Led by the very intense Jaz Coleman, Killing Joke crafted today’s featured song dedicated to the decade we hold so dear.
June 9, 2013 - Tampa Bay Times
- Tommy Victor in Blabbermouth.net
It's no frills,said Victor. "There's two loud crunchy stereo guitars, rumbling growling bass, and real slamming natural drums. I kept any vocal effects to a minimum. We felt that if the vocal couldn't hold its own dry and decipherable, it...
- Beyonce Knowles in Stuff.co.nz
Beyonce told Vanity Fair magazine: "My usual performance style - the energy and the dancing and my growling - is the complete opposite of Deena. They didn't know if I could be understated, and if I could play the part, basically. Vocally, I had to...