grout : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a thin mortar that can be poured and used to fill cracks in masonry or brickwork
- v bind with grout
grout the bathtub
- Mold, after all, is everywhere, from the tasty Roquefort cheese in your salad dressing to the nasty black stuff clinging to the grout in your bathroom.
- To grout is to force behind the stone facings liquid cement which, oozing through the broken rubble, would petrify it into a rigid mass capable of sustaining any weight.
- Steve Hart, who designed the accompanying charts on sleep rhythms, has even been known to replace the grout around his bathroom tiles after midnight.
News & Articles
Officials with the Grout Museum presented a program on Wednesday at the Atlantic Library showing off a few science experiments, including how hydrogen peroxide and soap react, how sound waves work, an
June 22, 2013 - Atlantic News Telegraph
- Iowa farm stories sought for project
The Grout Museum and Silos and Smokestacks National Heritage Area have partnered up to collect oral farm stories from Iowa farmers from the 1920s - 1960s.
June 18, 2013 - KWWL Iowa
- Golf: Naples' Winter pens book about teacher Jack Grout through his son's eyes
Dick Grout remembers his dad turning work into family vacations. He remembers traveling the country, going to U.S. Opens and PGA Championships.
June 15, 2013 - Naples Daily News
- Richard Linnehan in ABC News
After a little more testing, Linnehan told Foreman, "You'll be our tile and grout specialist."
- Jack Nicklaus in International Herald Tribune
And the one thing is that Jack Grout, never one time in all the years that he worked with me, did he ever step on a practice tee at a tournament. Not once,Nicklaus said. "When you're a young guy and you come out and you see all the guys...
- Oprah Winfrey in DetNews.com
I chose the color of the grout, and I chose the particular kind of gravel that was right for the rose garden, and another kind for the pathways. Grout color and gravel size would drive most people nuts. But it's all part of the process for me,...