- n someone concerned with the science or art or business of cultivating the soil
- A grower examines his harvest.
- In July, the coca grower union there mandated that its 35,000 members plant at least 2.
- With almost nothing to process, the grower-owned company SunRice announced late last year that it was mothballing its Deniliquin rice mill, the largest in the Southern Hemisphere .
News & Articles
- Vermont grapples with the second highest rate of Lyme disease in country
Greg Soll, a vegetable grower in Charlotte and Hinesburg, works on land he rents in Charlotte. Soll became sick last summer and was unable to work or use his right arm. In December 2012 he was diagnosed with Lyme disease.
June 17, 2013 - The Burlington Free Press
- Cameroon cocoa prices up slightly, but below farmer hopes
YAOUNDE (Reuters) - Cameroon cocoa farmgate prices have risen slightly since May, but remained below farmer expectations due to a lack of buyers in most growing areas, growers and exporters said on Monday. The main harvesting season in Cameroon ended in February, and the world's fifth largest cocoa grower is now harvesting the smaller mid-crop. "Cocoa prices have risen just a bit compared to ...
June 17, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- VIDEO: Grower Shares 30 Years at Fayetteville Farmers Market
Local grower Sarah Pollard of Winslow has been a vendor at the Fayetteville Farmers Market for 30 years. She’s one...
June 14, 2013 - KFSM Ft. Smith-Fayetteville
- Dave Gagner in Vancouver Sun
When he was 15, he weighed 120 pounds,Dave Gagner said of Tanev. "He was a late grower, but he always played on the best Triple-A teams in Toronto and in very competitive programs. He just has to get the rest of his body caught up with his...
- Jeb Bush in BusinessWeek
Every grower has some percentage of its crop that is flat, elongated, ridged etc., yet they are still required to adhere to the minimum grade requirements,Bush wrote in his August letter to the USDA.
- Ross Brawn in BBC Sport
I think he would be a worthy world champion,said Brawn. "There is no issue there. He has been a bit of a slow grower, really, in that he was quite reckless and made a lot of mistakes early in his career but he was always very quick. In the...