- n flesh of a saltwater fish similar to sea bass
- n usually solitary bottom sea basses of warm seas
- Drug money has corrupted banking, real estate, law enforcement and even the fishing industry, whose practitioners are abandoning the pursuit of snapper and grouper for the .
- The talk turns to China's online shopping business, before that is interrupted by the arrival of razor clams, chili squid and deep-fried grouper.
- The placard still reads "JEWFISH (Grouper).
- Bill McCollum in CNNMoney.com
Grouper is an important part of Florida's market and everyone gains from ensuring that our restaurants are receiving and serving the real thing,said Attorney General McCollum.
- Max Mayfield in Bradenton Herald
When I was growing up in Oklahoma, I usually (caught) 2- and 3-pound bass,said Mayfield. "That goliath grouper is the biggest fish I've ever caught in my lifetime."
- Holly Benson in St. Petersburg Times
I love grouper, so when I order grouper, I expect to eat grouper,Benson said. "Floridians ought to be able to trust restaurant owners, and these increased penalties will help us ensure that the food we eat is the food we ordered."