- n intense sorrow caused by loss of a loved one (especially by death)
- n something that causes great unhappiness
her death was a great grief to John
- Doctors may be missing a bet when they insist that grief is a normal reaction to the loss of a loved one, a cherished possession, or a job.
- Is Charlie Brown's "good grief!" an exclamation of fundamental Angst? Does Linus' blanket have a deep symbolic meaning? Such questions may sound like ways to take the fun.
- The outpouring of grief, wonder and shared devastation that followed Lennon's death had the same breadth and intensity as the reaction to the killing of a world figure: some bold .
News & Articles
- Moeller grief group resonates with readers
The Enquirer a week ago published a story about a grief group for boys at Moeller High School.
June 16, 2013 - The Cincinnati Enquirer
- Annie: Son receives grief for moving back home
DEAR ANNIE: I recently had to move back into my parents' house due to financial hardship. I'm 23 years old and have rarely asked them for any sort of help. But I receive a lot of grief, sarcasm and jokes about my current position, and this is from my entire family.
June 15, 2013 - The Biloxi Sun Herald
- Hospice hosts camp for kids struggling with grief
By Kelsey Givens Grief and loss are tough emotions to deal with at any age, but they can be especially challenging for young children. To help kids get through such a difficult time, Nathan Adelson Hospice is once again hosting Camp Mariposa at the end of this month to give children the opportunity to learn[...]
June 14, 2013 - Pahrump Valley Times
- Jesse James in X17 Online (blog)
James had said, "This has caused my wife and kids pain and embarrassment beyond comprehension and I am extremely saddened to have brought this on them. I am truly very sorry for the grief I have caused them."
- David Cameron in CNN (blog)
It is desperately sad news. Another family with such grief and pain and loss,British Prime Minister David Cameron said. "Of course the 300th death is no more or less tragic than the 299 that came before."
- Kevin Rudd in Keilor, Taylors Lakes, Sydenham Star
We apologise for the laws and policies of successive parliaments and governments that have inflicted profound grief, suffering and loss on these our fellow Australians,Mr Rudd said. "We apologise especially for the removal of Aboriginal...