- n any thick, viscous matter
- n (slang) a disparaging term for an Asian person (especially for North Vietnamese soldiers in the Vietnam War)
- As he told the story later: "A gook who was drunk came into the area.
- As they walked toward the village, be told CBS, "there was one gook in a shelter, be was all huddled down in there an older man.
- If you feel peckish, take the opportunity to graze at the dozens of food stalls; try mandu gook, a simple and savory dumpling soup, or bindae duk, a skillet-fried mung-bean pancake.
- Gareth Southgate in Independent
Southgate said: "The team is playing very well at the moment so I have got lots to think about. But it is great to have him. We need competition for places in all areas of the field and it is a great challenge for Dong Gook to come and try to play...
- John McCain in New York Times
I'll call right now my interrogator that tortured me and my friends a gook,McCain said in 2000, using a particularly offensive term for Asians. "You can quote me."