googol : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a cardinal number represented as 1 followed by 100 zeros (ten raised to the power of a hundred)
- By not writing the googol out, you give your readers the idea that the value of the ordinary pengo approaches the size of the googol.
- That's nowhere near a googol (10 to the power of 100), but it is the equivalent of 1.
- Let Reader Sweet mend his mathematics: a googol is not equal to 10.
- Brin in Sydney Morning Herald
In an earlier post, Brin explained the reasoning behind his naming of the blog: "While Google is a play on googol, 'too' is a play on the much smaller number - two. It also means 'in addition', as this blog reflects my life outside of work".
- Larry Page in BusinessWeek
It turned out [google.com] was available, and [googol.com] was not,says Page.