- n French author and dramatist who is regarded as the father of modern French literature (1869-1951)
News & Articles
- Morgan Lewis Announce 8 Lawyers to Join Moscow Office
MOSCOW, July 8, 2013: Morgan Lewis announced today that a group of eight lawyers from the international law firm of Gide Loyrette Nouell will join its Business and Finance Practice, resident in Moscow.
July 8, 2013 - LawFuel
- EM Forster in New York Times
For his part, Forster, when told that he ought to follow AndrÃ© Gide's example and publish openly gay writing, replied: "But Gide hasn't got a mother!"
- Milan Kundera in Washington Times
Mr. Kundera writes, "Rabelais, ever undervalued by his compatriots, was never better understood than by a Russian, Bakhtin; Dostoyevsky than by a Frenchman, Gide; Ibsen than by an Irishman, Shaw . . . Do I mean by this that to judge a novel one can...
- Barbra Streisand in Buffalo News
As Andre Gide said,quotes Streisand, referencing the French author and Nobel Prize laureate, "the artist's role is to disturb."