- v assemble or get together
- v collect in one place
- v collect or gather
- v conclude from evidence
- v draw together into folds or puckers
- v get people together
- v draw and bring closer
she gathered her shawl around her shoulders
- v look for (food) in nature
Our ancestors gathered nuts in the Fall
- v increase or develop
- a brought together in one place
the gathered folds of the skirt
- Forty years ago, amidst increasing acrimony, the legendary foursome gathered on the roof of Apple's headquarters in London for what would turn out to be their final live .
- At his invitation, leaders from the religions of the earth gathered under glowering skies in the tranquil medieval Italian town of Assisi and, with quiet dignity, uttered prayers .
- On July 16, 1969, the day the moon mission blasted into space, photographer David Burnett turned his lens on the crowds who gathered to watch the historic moment.
News & Articles
- Southern African leaders discuss Zimbabwe election crisis
By Marina Lopes MAPUTO (Reuters) - Southern African leaders gathered on Saturday to try to draw up a road map for elections in Zimbabwe, amid high tension between President Robert Mugabe and Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai over the timing of the vote. The summit of the 15-nation Southern African Development Community (SADC) in the Mozambican capital comes two days after Mugabe declared July 31 ...
June 15, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Phillies show some pep in 8-7 win
DENVER -- Charlie Manuel gathered some of his players around the cage during Friday's batting practice and delivered a pep talk.
June 15, 2013 - The SportsXchange via Yahoo! Sports
- Less US urgency at G-8 in call for European growth
WASHINGTON (AP) — When leaders of the nation's biggest economies gathered at the presidential retreat of Camp David last year, European elections had rattled the continent with a rejection of austerity measures. President Barack Obama was himself seeking re-election. The sense of urgency was palpable as Obama made an emphatic pitch for Europe's powers to focus more on economic growth.
June 15, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Tony Hayward in ShareCast
This is a basic summary of the facts as gathered by the investigation team to date. A lot remains unknown, but we hope that the briefings will help the government's inquiries,chief executive Tony Hayward said.
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
The historic movement to bring real, meaningful health-insurance reform to the American people gathered momentum this week as we approach the final days of this debate,Obama said in his weekly radio and Internet address. "The approach that...
- Michael Mukasey in International Herald Tribune
They used sophisticated computer hacking techniques, breaching security systems and installing programs that gathered enormous quantities of personal financial data, which they then allegedly sold to others or used themselves,said Attorney...