- n cassava with long tuberous edible roots and soft brittle stems; used especially to make cassiri (an intoxicating drink) and tapioca
- In India they refer to any car as the 'motor gari' and the Ford is the 'Fordt motor gari'.
- Salt was $20 a cup and gari, a leached cassava that tastes like sawdust, cost $1 for three cups.
- Rioters hunted down Ibo settlers, set fire to such Ibo-owned structures as Zaria's We We Hotel, descended on the sabon gari (strangers' quarter), the principal Ibo section in Kano.
News & Articles
- Ballet takes its final bow
Gari Boehm and Patricia Thornton made sure Sugar Plum Fairies danced in our heads for more than three decades. But the Land of Sweets, home of the Sugar Plum Fairy in “The Nutcracker” ballet, won’t be so sweet this Christmas. It won’t be around at all.
June 14, 2013 - Wichita Falls Times Record News
- BOCES raises money, awareness for cancer society
Contributed PHOTO CHECK PASSING: Aubrey Bailey, Cosmetology student gives a fundraising check to Tami Gari. --
June 14, 2013 - The Journal-Register
- BART worker praised for actions amid recent rash of transit troubles
A BART maintenance worker was being praised Wednesday for taking action during a violent and bizarre rampage by a naked man at a San Francisco BART station last month that was captured on video that has gone viral. That incident took place on May 11 at the 16th Street BART station when 24-year-old Yeiner Gari-Zabalo entered the station naked and began accosting female passengers. Gari-Zabalo ...
June 13, 2013 - KTVU
- Neil McDonald in Football.co.uk
We'd like to thank Gari for his efforts over the last week, and we wish him all the very best for the future,said McDonald.