garlic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n bulbous herb of southern Europe widely naturalized; bulb breaks up into separate strong-flavored cloves
- n aromatic bulb used as seasoning
- Last year Physiologist Howard Wilcox Haggard of Yale announced that onion or garlic breath "arises solely from particles retained in the structures of the mouth," could be cured.
- Health gurus promote garlic as a cure-all, which it certainly is not, but many scientists agree that allyl sulfides and other phytochemicals in garlic may help protect the heart.
- 1 head garlic, sitting around your house, sliced 1 small can of whole, peeled tomatoes pound of spaghetti .
News & Articles
- Ask a Cook: Is blue garlic OK?
Q: I made a batch of pickled dill beans. Instead of the regular garlic, I bought a head of garlic with big cloves. I had to cut the cloves in half. Now they’ve turned blue. Are the beans still safe to eat?
June 15, 2013 - The Pantagraph
- Sauteed Mushrooms and Asparagus with Tarragon Cream and Toasted Garlic Bread
This creamy mushroom and asparagus sautee makes the perfect savory topping for toasted garlic bread. Dan Eaton shows us how to prepare it on today's "Cooking at Home."
June 15, 2013 - YNN Austin
- Garlic Festival Cook-Off finalists announced
An Afrikaner Butternut Tart and Mahi-mahi Laulau with Shiitake Risotto are among the gastronomic tours de force that will battle it out during the Great Garlic Cook-Off at the 35th Gilroy Garlic Festi
June 12, 2013 - The Gilroy Dispatch
- Haley Barbour in FOXNews
After weeks of bad news about the economy that had hurt McCain, Barbour said he didn't expect crowds at McCain events in Virginia to be as large or loud as they were _ "stronger than an acre of garlic," as he put it in his deep Delta drawl.
- Kathy Lette in The Australian
Wouldn't it funny if she put out a cookbook at Christmas, a philandering husband cook book,Lette said. "She could be boiling him alive in extra virgin olive. Or (explaining) how to put your philandering husband's testicles through a garlic...
- Katie Holmes in NDTV.com
Contactmusic.com reported that Holmes told a magazine: "We have big dinners and laugh. We love cooking. My mum's stuffing is my favourite. I'm a huge fan of pie, especially pecan. I will probably cook some garlic mashed potatoes and maybe a...