- n a railway up the side of a mountain pulled by a moving cable and having counterbalancing ascending and descending cars
- a relating to or operated by a cable
- A fire in a funicular train kills at least 150 people at a popular high-altitude ski resort in Austria.
- You can reach the peak via the Peak Tram, the 120-year-old funicular railway that departs from its terminus on Garden Road (nearest MTR: Central).
- Recently the Abbe Loubiere, priest at the towering Church of the Sacre Coeur, Mpntmartre, Paris, passed the turnstile of the funicular railway which ascends the mont, sat down on .
- Kadir TopbaÅŸ in HÃ¼rriyet
Providing statistics as to the share of commuters each transportation method received in Istanbul, TopbaÅŸ said: "Istanbul Electric Tram and Funicular Company, or IETT, has 22 percent, private buses have 20.4 percent, minibuses have 19.83 percent,...
- Turnbull in Sunday Herald
Roy Turnbull, vice-convener of the Badenoch and Strathspey Conservation Group, added: "Critics of the funicular consistently argued that it was likely to be an economic disaster, as it is proving."
- Lim Guan Eng in Malaysia Star
The Federal Government seems to have washed its hands of the funicular train service. This is not the right way to do things,Lim told a press conference after launching the Penang Hepatitis Day at Queensbay Mall here.