- n a wilderness at the edge of a settled area of a country
the individualism of the frontier in Andrew Jackson's day
- n an international boundary or the area (often fortified) immediately inside the boundary
- n an undeveloped field of study; a topic inviting research and development
he worked at the frontier of brain science
- The Panamanian response to the Italian press's declaration that Italy's frontier is Panama was a messy "frontier" incident.
- The historian forecast the end of the American frontier and then he died.
- Satish Dhawan in San Jose Mercury News
Space is the frontier for mankind in the future. If we want to go beyond the moon, we have to go there first,said Satish.
- Robert Gates in Washington Post
The concern I have is that the longer the internal problems continue, the more distracted the Pakistani army and security services will be in terms of the internal situation rather than focusing on the terrorist threat in the frontier area,...
- Edward Kennedy in Boston Globe
There was another time, when another young candidate was running for president and challenging America to cross a new frontier. He faced criticism from the preceding Democratic president, who was widely respected in the party,Kennedy said,...