frontierswoman : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a woman who lives on the frontier
- It is not therefore odd that his depiction of the frontierswoman should resemble a Byzantine cowgirl, shotgun in hand, fearlessly facing whatever the gods may send.
- The heroine is a reluctant frontierswoman of the 1880s named Catherine Crocker.
- John Ford made her a stalwart frontierswoman in Drums Along the Mohawk.
News & Articles
- Neko Case Talks About Moby Dick, Depression, and Her New Tattoo
Neko Case’s powerful voice and elliptical songs — ranging from blaring power pop to haunting alt-country — have for nearly twenty years made her a singer apart: a goddess among boys in the New Pornographers, a mysterious lone frontierswoman of sorts on her solo records. All that mythology gets peeled ... More »
Aug. 27, 2013 - Vulture