- n a person or animal that is markedly unusual or deformed
- n someone who is so ardently devoted to something that it resembles an addiction
a bodybuilding freak
- v lose one's nerve
When he saw the accident, he freaked out
- Michelle stint as a sports anchor came to an abrupt end when she tragically died in a freak accident in the golf course.
- Summer is high season for media freak-outs.
- He was a physical-fitness freak: running, lifting weights and experimenting with isometrics and electrical impulses meant to stimulate his muscles while he slept.
- Steven Gerrard in AsiaOne
It was one of those freak things, I don't think you can criticise the keeper. People have been talking about the ball and it is tricky,said Gerrard. "Rob will learn from this and he might make an important save that wins us a match. We're...
- Joel Zumaya in The Associated Press
This is another injury, and it's a freak one again,Zumaya said. "I guess I'm just a freak."
- Dustin Pedroia in Lewiston Sun Journal
That part's tough,Pedroia said. "Freak accidents happen. We'll wait for everybody to get back healthy and we'll take off. We've got a lot of really good players. Hopefully we'll be fine."