- n marked strangeness as a consequence of being abnormal
- The "sound" needed songs to encase it, bring out the power and drama behind its freakishness.
- The main lesson of Seveso is that by their very freakishness, modern technological accidents raise clouds of mystery and uncertainty that last long after the initial misery.
- It is the novelty and even freakishness of their visions that get them noticed in the first place, and followers of middle roads are usually middling talents.
News & Articles
- Aaron Gordon Turned FIBA U19s Into His Own Dunking Mixtape
Aaron Gordon’s international dunkfest finished on Sunday with his best throw-down of the FIBA U19 World Championships. Do yourself a favor and pause at the 27-second mark to truly appreciate the freakishness of that dunk. Gordon was a one-man highlight machine during the United States’ steamroll through the tournament, which ended on Sunday with an 82-68 win over Serbia in the gold-medal game ...
July 8, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Marty Markowitz in International Herald Tribune
...Rocket will join the Cyclone, the Wonder Wheel and the Parachute Jump as permanent symbols of what Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz on Wednesday called "the Coney Island of the 21st century, a modern mecca of freakishness,...
- Mike Fleiss in New York Times
I don't mean it's like his writing,Mr. Fleiss said. "I mean in the freakishness of it."
- Ben Whishaw in The Australian
Grenouille is still freakish,Whishaw says over mid-morning tea and toast at London's Covent Garden Hotel. "But the freakishness is an internal thing. We wanted to make him more human. Someone an audience could feel something for."