forgiveness : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n compassionate feelings that support a willingness to forgive
- n the act of excusing a mistake or offense
- My forgiveness is essential for us both to move on with our lives, with peace, in whatever direction that may take us.
- BACK PAGE 4 OF 4 The Old Testament view of forgiveness was contained in a verb that dominates its penitential literature, the Hebrew word shuv, meaning to turn, to return.
- A pardon from the Pontiff, a lesson in forgiveness for a troubled world Usually it is the images of the immediate aftermath that are imprinted on the mind, the fragments of.
News & Articles
- Do Not Adjust Your Screen or Sound
Forgiveness is a heavy-duty word.
June 13, 2013 - New York Times
- Fine Arts Center, Governor's School alum honored
The film 'Susie's Hope' received awards in five categories, including the Greenville Glory Award for Overall Excellence, at last week's Greenville International Film Festival. Based on a true story, 'Susie's Hope' follows a family that learns forgiveness when it adopts an abandoned, mutilated puppy.
June 13, 2013 - The Greenville News
- Author S.D. Hill Presents a Captivating Romantic Journey of Love and Forgiveness
New book features the lives of several individuals haunted by the demons of their past and struggling to find forgiveness. (PRWeb June 10, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/SDHill/TheWineberg/prweb10816161.htm
June 10, 2013 - PRWeb
- Pope Benedict XVI in NewsBusters (blog)
We, too, insistently beg forgiveness from God and from the persons involved, while promising to do everything possible to ensure that such abuse will never occur again,Benedict said in a June 11 homily.
- Michael Vick in New York Daily News
Through this situation, I found Jesus and asked him for forgiveness and turned my life over to God,said Vick, 27. "I think that's the right thing."