- n the act of renouncing; sacrificing or giving up or surrendering (a possession or right or title or privilege etc.)
- v do without or cease to hold or adhere to
- v be earlier in time; go back further
- v lose (s.th.) or lose the right to (s.th.) by some error, offense, or crime
- TYLER HANSBROUGH, University of North Carolina forward, on forgoing the NBA draft to help the Tar Heels vanquish Michigan State for the NCAA championship.
- A November survey by the advocacy group Mental Health America found that we frequently deal with chronic stress by watching television, skipping exercise and forgoing healthy foods.
- As the economy continues to flounder, many families are forgoing summer vacations in favor of staying at home.
News & Articles
- Brewers Sign Devin Williams
The Brewers have signed their top draft choice Devin Williams to a deal worth $1.35MM, according to Jim Callis of Baseball America (via Twitter). The bonus is above-slot as the recommended value for the 54th overall selection is just over $1.017MM, per Baseball America. Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports part of Williams' bonus includes compensation for forgoing a scholarship to the University of ...
June 16, 2013 - MLB Trade Rumors
- Nevada's McMinn Signs with Mets
Wolf Pack pitcher Brent McMinn signed a contract with the New York Mets on Friday, forgoing his senior season at Nevada.
June 14, 2013 - KOLO 8 Reno
- Have a Debt Talk Before 'I Do'
Ashley Matusz and Joe Fisher, both 24, talked about cutting $800 off the flower bill for their wedding reception and saving another $1,000 by forgoing flowers at the church.
June 13, 2013 - The Lakeland Ledger
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg in The Associated Press
In requiring CLS â€” in common with all other student organizations â€” to choose between welcoming all students and forgoing the benefits of official recognition, we hold, Hastings did not transgress constitutional limitations,...
- Joe Moglia in Forbes
Forgoing a little bit of revenue opportunity for two months, I think, is a small, small, small price to pay for a successful overall integration for the entire deal,Moglia said.
- Tom Coburn in guardian.co.uk
When the federal government would actually save millions of dollars by forgoing the status quo and actually sending evacuees on a luxurious six-month cruise it is time to rethink how we are conducting oversight,said senators Tom Coburn and...