- n the basic unit of money in Hungary
- Since last summer, the Polish zloty has lost 48% against Europe's common currency the euro, the Hungarian forint 30% and the Czech Krona 23%.
- Poland's zloty has dropped 29% against the euro in the past six months, the Hungarian forint by 20%, the Romanian Ieu 17% and the Czech koruna 12%.
- Hungary's festival pales by comparison with the old days, when Magyar aristocrats would spit on a 100-forint note (worth about $12.
- Ferenc Gyurcsany in Earthtimes (press release)
The government is distinctly worried by the rapid fall in the value of the forint, and the fact that it is very difficult for businesses and individuals to get credit from banks,Gyurcsany said on Monday.
- Viktor Orban in Budapest Times
Nearly every forint is paid in debt service and the government but keeps taking out loans with worse and worse conditions,Orban said.
- JP Morgan in Forex Pros
It's likely to have a similar path as the forint,said JP Morgan analyst Miroslav Plojhar.