- v prevent the occurrence of; prevent from happening
- Admitting to anything less than worshipping my dog will lump me with--heaven forfend--the cat people.
- It has no emotional tension or -- heaven forfend -- strong expression of frustration or need.
- So, wait, a company I don't care about bought another company I don't care about? Heaven forfend! How about Wolverine and the Quack Pack? Darkwing Duck and the X-Men?.
News & Articles
- George Will Very Confused by Monetary Policy
If you were skimming George Will’s Sunday column , or even if — heaven forfend! — you neglected it altogether, you missed a remarkable sentence, buried deep within Will’s slightly paranoid meanderings against Janet Yellen: “The Fed seems to be evolving into a central economic planner with a roving commission to right social wrongs such as unemployment.”
Nov. 11, 2013 - New York Magazine