footling : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v be about
- v act foolishly, as by talking nonsense
- s (informal) small and of little importance
a footling gesture
- These are not piddling concerns, but they are put to the footling purpose of endless windbaggery.
- A well-nigh endless series of footling governments has done little to help her out of it.
- Four years ago New York's Red-hunting Representative Fish demonstrated how a little material could be piled into a mountain of headlines when he headed a footling House inquiry .
- John Peel in guardian.co.uk
) John wrote in Sounds magazine: "Frankly, I listen to music with no concern whatever for the race, colour, religion, preference in breakfast foods, height, shoe size or whatever-you-like of the music makers. The only footling prejudice I do permit...