footing : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n status with respect to the relations between people or groups
on a friendly footing
- n a relation that provides the foundation for something
they were on a friendly footing
- n a place providing support for the foot in standing or climbing
- v pay for something
- v walk
- v add a column of numbers
- South Korea and Japan must now ponder if the World Cup was worth footing the bill Why Some Teams Just Can't Win How Brazil and Germany the usual suspects turned .
- As President Bush tried to find his footing this year, these two Senators often proved to be more influential.
- The Clinton White House, in a virtual trauma for days, is now desperately trying to regain its footing after the disastrous midterm elections.
News & Articles
- Sam's owners pay tab for new highway lane
The owners of Sam’s Chowder House are footing the bill to build a new Highway 1 turn lane that they believe will solve traffic hazards in front of the restaurant. Construction began in recent days wit
June 13, 2013 - Half Moon Bay Review
- Barclays’s Jenkins Says Bankers Must Regain ‘Moral Compass’
Barclays Plc (BARC) Chief Executive Officer Antony Jenkins said bankers must regain their moral footing and serve society’s long-term interests if the industry is to undo the damage caused by the financial crisis.
June 12, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Two Commodity Stocks Ripe for Bargain Shoppers
Equity markets are slowly and surely finding their footing following the pullback seen in early June after Fed stimulus fears resurfaced. The continuation of upbeat economic data releases has
June 12, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Barack Obama in National Review Online Blogs (blog)
Obama said he wasn't focused on "the day-to-day gyrations of the stock market, but the long-term ability for the United States and the entire world economy to regain its footing."
- David Cameron in The Associated Press
Cameron, who took office last month as head of a coalition government, said there was a "real opportunity to put the bilateral relationship on a new footing to try to make a stronger start and work through the issues where we have agreement and...
- Alistair Darling in Reuters
We have been working closely with the governor of the Bank of England, the FSA and the financial institutions to put the banks on a longer-term sound footing,Darling said in a televised statement following that meeting.