- n a man employed as a servant in a large establishment (as a palace) to run errands and do chores
- I move to sit, but my footman, Mikami, has already materialized, easing me into my chair.
- Before he was 20, he was seen playing Yasha the footman in The Cherry Orchard in Sacramento and hired as an intern at the Great Lakes Shakespeare Festival in Cleveland, Ohio.
- A liveried footman opens the door and in front is a heavy blue carpeted hall or reception room with a massive staircase to the rear, down which Queen Victoria, seated, gazes .
News & Articles
- Intern: I'm not your slave
Alex Footman says he and a former co-worker successfully sued a movie studio over their experience as unpaid interns
June 17, 2013 - CNN
- 'Downton Abbey' Season 4: Rob James-Collier's Thomas has a new secret and a Miss O'Brien replacement
When "Downton Abbey" Season 4 begins, troublemaking footman turned valet Thomas Barrow (Rob James-Collier) will be absent one compatriot turned nemesis in Miss O'Brien (Siobhan Finneran). But never fear, "Downton's" writer and creator, Julian Fellowes, doesn't leave Thomas floundering solo for long."He's currently auditioning applicants," James-Collier tells Zap2it of his character. "And the ...
June 17, 2013 - Zap2It
- Michael Ronaldson in The Age
We've got this man who is travelling overseas with a butler or a valet or a footman or manservant, whatever it might be,Liberal senator Michael Ronaldson said. "If he puts out the ties and (he's) polishing shoes in the morning he's...
- Piers Morgan in CNN International
Morgan added: "We now know that one of the footman at the palace was a Daily Mirror journalist. But given the way we were able to get that job, I have grave misgiving as to any certainty about who the other ones are there. I cannot rule out that...
- Hany Abu-Assad in Boston Globe (registration)
As a filmmaker, I am not a footman for the new conservatism, and neither for the Islamic fundamentalists,says director Abu-Assad during an interview at the New York Film Festival.